The Cornell Clinical Fellowship program was the first program of its kind in the country. The goal of the Cornell Clinical Fellowship program was to provide comprehensive research training for clinical specialists committed to an academic career. This program is no longer accepting applications.
Program Expectations for current fellows:
- Clinical Fellows should gain significant technical skills appropriate for a research career.
- Obtain a broad background in the relevant literature, supplemented by specific coursework as appropriate for the research project
- Research experience should involve a high level of independence with appropriate mentoring.
- Research projects should be PhD-level quality.
- Write a research proposal suitable for submission to a national funding organization
- Present research results to various audiences
- Publish research results in a high impact journal for the fieldLearn about the challenges of obtaining funding, recruiting personnel, utilizing equipment and attracting collaborators
More information on the Program Guidelines can be found here.